Success will depend on implementing well drafted policies on protecting the animals through proper vaccination and ultimately eliminating FMD disease; thus, allowing improved trade, economic viability and food security.
The “New Livestock Revolution” relies heavily on a supportive regulatory framework, policies and services that are needed to prevent animal disease outbreaks including:
- FMD vaccine production facility in accordance with European GMP standards
- Strict health and hygiene control plan
- Product quality control (QC & QA programs)
- Proper veterinary services
- Major public awareness campaign
- Enforced laws and policies